Sunday 25 August 2013

Farewell season

Hi there!
It's hard to believe that I have less than one month left before going back to Brazil and these last weeks have been extremely difficult to me. First because it's time to finish my summer project, which means many hours working to conclude that and writing my report before I go. Also, as the time passes, I see how many things I'm still wanting to do here in London: places I've never been to or I want visit again, things I want to learn, pictures I want to take. However, the thing that most upset me is having to say good bye to my friends.
Flat 53 family gathered together for the last time at Lacy Hall

When we arrived here, my flatmates and I took the decision on living really like a family and I think we did very well. Many people don't believe when we say that we share food (and bill), responsibilities in the kitchen and cook for each other every day. It might sound impossible and sometimes it was really tough.We had a quarrel several times during our weekly meetings. We disagreed countless times about how to share the bills or who should do the dishes. I had to put my foot down many times when they passed the acceptable limit on noise. I had to complain about ownerless spoons in the sink. But, of course, it doesn't mean that I haven't got along with them. Isn't it the way that a family behaves? On balance, it was a very positive relationship! I'm completely sure that all I'm going to remember from now are the cheerful moments we've had together.
Fortunately, I'm the kind of person that life's prepared to farewells. I've moved so many times in my life that it should be impossible not to learn how to deal with it. I am completely sure that distance is not a barrier when you really want to keep people you love in your life.

See you soon guys, I'm sure!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post. Congratulations for the blog. Your experiences are very useful and motivational. I'm a brazilian student. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Say hello!