Wednesday 7 November 2012

Language Café - Lithuanian

Labas!
Atleiskite, kaip nesneku lietuviškai.

Are you thinking I'm crazy? No, I'm just sharing you some Lithuanian words I learned from the first Language Café which run in Brunel University a couple of days ago.



The Language Café is an event for those who love know new languages, learn about other cultures and have a brief insight about countries. In October, it was Lithuania time.

And nothing better to start than some food! Ok, not all of them are really Lithuanian, but it was amazing, anyway! My favourite was Rūkytas sūris, a tasteful smoked cheese.





When the event actually started, the host (oh gosh, I forgot his name!) showed us some cultural aspects of Lithuanian people and teach us some basic words in his language, exactly like those ones I started this post with (by the way, they mean "Hi! I'm sorry, I don't speak Lithuanian").



He also gets lots of laughs when tried to make us speak some Tongue-Twisters (if it's difficult in our own language, imagine in Lithuanian!). If you are succeed with the 7th, you deserve an award!

Lithuanian music also was present. Listen a little bit!


Although I decided to go without inviting my Brazilian friends as a way of avoid my mother-language, it was impossible feel alone. All the event is arranged to you know people. From the shared tables til the bingo, I had good conversations with many people and even though I didn't win the bingo, I got part of the prize! Ha ha ha!  Thanks to... Ok, I'm definitely not good with names!

See you around!
Cheers.
Renata Marques.

1 comment:

Say hello!